Okada Manila* values your interest, patronage, and privacy. We have, therefore, implemented policies that govern the personal data, collection, use, storage, and security practices of the Okada Manila guided by the requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
This Privacy Notice summarizes Okada Manila’s privacy policies and practices and applies to all services and websites owned or directly operated by Okada Manila. Rewards Circle members are also covered by the terms governing their membership as defined in our Terms and Conditions.
The Philippines’ privacy protection law may differ with other countries. As such, we endeavor to adjust our policies and practices to achieve the best practices in data privacy security and protection. Otherwise, we make no representations that our privacy policies and practices are compliant with the requirements of foreign jurisdictions.
Scope and Consent
This Privacy Notice and our data privacy policies apply to all personal data, physical and/or digital, processed manually and/or through Okada Manila’s automated systems.
Okada Manila will not collect, process, disclose or share your personal data without your consent. When consent is given, Okada Manila may collect, process, disclose or share your personal data to regulatory bodies such as the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR), Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) and other departments, bureaus, and agencies of the government in compliance with our legal obligations under applicable laws. With your consent, we may also share your personal data to service providers, affiliated or non-affiliated third parties located in the Philippines or abroad, for legitimate purposes contained in the said consent.
If you do not wish to provide your personal data to us, Okada Manila may not be able to provide you with products and services you request, or to tell you about the products and services we offer.
Your Rights and Your Preferences
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the following rights which Okada Manila is keen to protect.
You have the right to be informed the purpose for which your personal data is collected. We can provide you with general facts relating to how your personal data is processed, provided that such requested information does not amount to details which are deemed confidential or proprietary by Okada Manila.
You have the right to access your personal data with us, and you have the right to rectify should you find that the personal information we have on you needs update and/or correction. We respect the exercise of said rights provided that the accompanying request is not vexatious or unreasonable.
You have the right to object to processing your personal data or withhold consent previously given. Likewise, you have the right to erasure or blocking of your personal data. Should you exercise these rights, Okada Manila shall be constrained to limit your access to its facilities and/or services, or decline transaction when processing your personal data is necessary to render a complete and quality service.
Should you feel that your rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 was disregarded, you are granted the right to file a complaint, and the right to seek indemnity for damages sustained, if any.
How You can Exercise Your Rights as Data Subjects
In respecting your rights to privacy, you may:
1. Request a copy of the information that we have about you. You may send request through Data.PrivacyOfficer@okadamanila.com. Please bear in mind that this may take time as this may undergo a series of processes and approvals.
2. Ask us to update or rectify your information, You may do this by calling our Data Privacy Hotline at (02) 8880-7555 local 59103 or at 0917 5640484. The Data Privacy Officer shall refer this to the concerned Data Process Owner for appropriate action. The Data Process Owner may request for additional information to prove the accuracy of your personal data. The Data Process Owner shall inform You by email of the updated personal information as requested.
3. Request for the erasure, blocking and deletion of Your personal data or information by sending a request through Data.PrivacyOfficer@okadamanila.com. The Data Privacy Officer shall refer this to the concerned Data Process Owner who will schedule the destruction or deletion of your personal data or information in your presence.
4. Seek indemnity for damages if You consider your rights to privacy have been violated and as a consequence, you suffered substantial damage, by requesting for a mediation procedure with Okada Manila by sending an email to Data.PrivacyOfficer@okadamanila.com. The email must contain the facts and circumstances of such violation, proof of substantial damage, and direct connection that the damage is caused by Okada Manila’s failure to implement organizational, physical, technological security measures, and without the complainant’s contributing act, omission or negligence.
Inquiries and Complaints Mechanism
Data subjects may inquire or request for information regarding any matter relating to the processing of their personal data under the custody of Okada Manila, including the data privacy and security policies implemented to ensure the protection of their personal data. They may write to Data.PrivacyOfficer@okadamanila.com and briefly discuss the inquiry, together with their contact details for reference.
Complaints regarding the security of the data subject’s personal data and information, the manner of Okada Manila’s handling of the personal data, or disputes in the accuracy or error in the personal data of data subjects 6shall be filed in writing and sent to Okada Manila’s Data Privacy Officer via email to Data.PrivacyOfficer@okadamanila.com or via mail addressed to Atty. Christine R. Menzies, Data Privacy Officer at the Legal and Compliance Division, New Seaside Drive, Entertainment City, Brgy. Tambo, Paranaque City, 1701. The complainant shall provide all the facts and circumstances surrounding the complaint.
The Data Privacy Officer shall relay the complaint to the Data Process Owners involved for a joint investigation. The complaint shall be processed in accordance with the procedures and policies of the respective Data Process Owner(s). The Data Privacy Officer shall respond to the complainant within a period of fifteen (15) business days, unless Okada Manila requests for an extension to respond to the complaint. The Parties shall settle the matter amicably.
Why do We Collect Your Data
We collect your data for the following specific purposes:
• As Okada Manila guests, players and patrons, we process, collect, retain, store, and when necessary share your Personal Data in order to perform functions necessary to deliver the products and services offered at Okada Manila, including but not limited to processing your hotel and restaurant reservation, or to verify your identity in the booking and reservation system;
To notify and update you by email, SMS or phone call about our promotions, complimentary offers, Reward Circle points, surveys and other forms of marketing strategy and research that are beneficial to you and necessary to improve Okada Manila’s services;
To use your images where you may be a subject or included therein, taken or captured by Okada Manila for production or use in publications, websites, applications, print advertisements, and other legal and regulatory purposes it may serve;
To comply with the contractual, legal and regulatory requirements or obligations of Okada Manila.
• As Reward Circle (RC) Applicants and/or Members, we process, collect, retain, store, and when necessary share your Personal Data to process your RC membership, to determine eligibility in the RC Program, to notify you with our promotional activities and events, to track your reward points and your eligibility for prizes, discounts and rewards, to comply with the regulatory requirements of government agencies, to process your complaints, requests to update your membership details, or your request to avail of the credit and cash checking facilities.
• As Okada Manila applicants, team members, and consultants, we process, collect, retain, store, and when necessary share your Personal Data in order to process your employment application, payroll, employment benefits, tax and statutory obligations, enrollment of your beneficiaries in the Company HMO, attend to your and your beneficiary’s medical emergencies, or process your performance evaluation. Your data is also processed in order to comply with the rules and regulations of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR), Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC), Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), the Local Government Unit of Paranaque, and other departments, bureaus, and agencies of the government including law enforcement agencies for Okada Manila to comply with a legal obligation under applicable laws.
• As Okada Manila contractors, potential or existing suppliers and other service providers, we process, collect, retain, store, and when necessary share your Personal Data in order to process your accreditation and register you as Okada Manila’s service provider and to keep these information in the database for future requirements, to process payments, credits and other account-related transactions.
• As Okada Manila lessees, retailers, and exhibitors, we process, collect, retain, store, and when necessary share your Personal Data to register your information in our database, to process payments and other account-related matters.
How We Collect Your Information
In order to better anticipate your needs, and to provide you with better services, we collect information from you in a variety of ways, through our website, call center hotline, or on-site with our Okada Manila Teammates, such as:
Identification and Contact Information
In order to better communicate with you, and to help verify your identity, we may request for your identification and contact information during inquiries, registration/sign-ups, table reservations, ticket purchases, and payment transactions. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, date of birth, contact address, contact e-mail, and contact number.
Purchase, Transactional & Financial Information
We may collect transactional information that you provide us with from the online reservations, inquiries, and purchases you make. This includes credit or debit card details, financial account number, valid government-provided ID number, or similar identification information, details of your transaction history, in order to address your business and/or concern.
Social Media Information
When using social media-integrated aspects of our website, or interacting with our social media channels when directed from our site, we may collect information such as your name, e-mail address, and other publicly accessible information on social media.
Location, Device, Browser, and Software Information
When visiting our website, we may collect information about the geographic location you are accessing from site access metrics, IP address, the device, browser, and software information from the device you’re using to access our site.
Cookies are files that are stored on your computer that collect information about you. When you access our website, cookies may be accepted by your browser if properly configured. These cookies may help us identify you, and help us generate metrics concerning your visits and interactions on our website. You may configure your browser to reject cookies, but doing so may prevent some transactions or uses of our sites.
Information from Third Parties
We may also collect information about you from other parties. We will use personal data only where you have provided your consent to the third party or where Okada Manila has a legitimate interest to use the personal data in order to provide you with our services.
How We Use Your Information
These may include, but are not limited to, sharing special information, events, offers, and promotions via e-mail, direct mail, social media, phone, SMS, and similar methods.
These may include, but are not limited to, validating identity, conducting digital demographic or performance analysis, conducting surveys, handling reservations, purchases, and related transactions, security and surveillance, and in complying with laws and regulatory guidelines.
Communications and Opting Out
We only wish to message you, primarily via e-mail, with communications and notifications that you might find useful or want to receive. These may include, but are not limited to, sharing special information, events, offers and promotions; contacting you regarding certain reservations and inquiries, bookings, or related transactions; and regular updates for special interest groups associated with our programs.
The emails we send include an opt-out mechanism within the message itself. By clicking on the unsubscribe link, you will be opted-out from our mailing list at no cost.
To Whom We May Share Your Information
We will share your personal data only if you grant us your permission to do so. Accordingly, we may share your personal data with the following recipients:
We may share your personal data with regulatory bodies, such as the Anti-Money Laundering Council, the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR), and other departments, bureaus, and agencies of the government, including law enforcement agencies, when we believe it is necessary for us in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law.
We may also share your personal data in order to respond to a legal procedure, a national emergency, specific requirements of public order and safety, or fulfill a constitutional or statutory mandate of a public authority.
Service Providers and Others
We may share your personal data with our service providers and outsourcing entities with valid contracts with Okada Manila for us to give you quality services and offers that you deserve.
Third Party Links/ Sites
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and procedures of third party sites that may link to Okada Manila’s website, or that Okada Manila may link to as part of past or present business relationships or initiatives. Please review the privacy policies of any linked sites you visit before using – or providing information to – any of those sites.
How We Store, Secure and Protect Your Information
(Organizational, Physical, Technological Security Measures)
• Entrance to the building is only possible with keycards provided to employees. All office visitors are escorted by authorized representatives to relevant areas.
• Perimeter security is in place.
• Certain locations are physically locked and access is restricted to authorized employees only such as the Server Room, Data Centers, among others.
• Your Personal Data are in secured servers using Next Generation firewalls and Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems.
• Access to servers are controlled via Privilege Access Management with enabled security counter-measures.
• All users are identified and authenticated through a centralized network system.
• Passwords are protected using irreversible password encryption and employees are required to change the password from time to time compliant with industry best practices.
• Network security is managed by the internal IT Team and the physical and logical access data centers are restricted to authorized employees responsible for the job. Access to the physical data centers are controlled by multi-access and biometrics systems.
• Systems are protected by Username and Password of the employee;
• Security of the password, and the account, and its acceptable use, is governed by the Network Usage and Security policy as approved by the board.
• Idle client systems are locked automatically after defined time and can be unlocked by the user using the password.
• Only certain employees have access to applications/data, which they need based on their role. On the other hand, portal access for customers, patrons and guests is done securely, and they are only able to view their own information.
• All critical and sensitive data is transferred using a secure encrypted channel of communication like SSL Secured VPN, SFTP and access applications using https.
• The Data Processor will amend, remove or delete any Personal Data if specifically instructed hereto by the Company’s authorized representatives.
• Central antivirus and security software are used in all our computer systems.
• The critical and sensitive data stored on the servers are located in a secured and certified Data Centers.
• Fully Redundant Data Centers with Real time, Daily, Weekly and Monthly backup schedule are configured for all critical systems and data.
• Access to your Personal Data that are shared through our website and applications may only be accessed through secure connections and environments by qualified and authorized personnel with strict confidentiality obligations.
• Credit Card details are masked using industry best practices (only revealing the last four (4) digits) when confirming an order. Payments are passed via secure communication to a payment processor where your information is tokenized (whereby a random number is generated). The payment processor is PCI compliant, which ensures your information is handled in accordance with leading security standards.
However, we have no control and therefore cannot enforce the same amount of security on any of the devices that you use to access our site, or to send us information via e-mail, messaging apps, or our website. We are therefore not responsible for the security and protection of information that may have been intercepted prior to our receipt of your personal data.
How we Retain and Destroy Your Personal Data
Okada Manila retains your personal information, in manual and/or electronic form, as long as it is necessary and relevant for its operations. We have also established a record management framework that serves as a guideline on when and how to dispose of your personal data.
Okada Manila shall observe adequate organizational, technical and physical security in storing the personal data of its stakeholders, which must not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Okada Manila shall retain personal data for as long as it is necessary but not in perpetuity:
• As allowed by the regulatory offices that oversee the business operations of Okada Manila
• For the fulfilment of the declared, specified and legitimate purpose;
• For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• For legitimate business purposes consistent with the standards followed by integrated hotel-casino industry; and
• As allowed in cases provided by law.
This requires that Personal Data must be physically destroyed and/or erased and purged from Okada Manila’s systems when it is no longer required, unless a minimum retention period is specified or a Hold Instruction has been issued in relation to the relevant Record.
Personal Data must be accurate and kept up to date. Inaccurate or out of date Personal Data must be rectified or destroyed/erased.
Retention periods vary depending on the category of Record, as provided in Okada Manila’s Personal Records Management, Retention and Destruction Policy. You may request a copy of the said Policy by sending an email to Data.PrivacyOfficer@okadamanila.com.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Okada Manila reserves the right to revise this Privacy Notice at any time. Any changes become effective upon posting of the revised Privacy Notice in the website. Your use of the Okada Manila services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Notice
We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance and give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes should there be any change that may materially and negatively affect the privacy of your personal information.
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how Okada Manila collect, use, and share your personal information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or other concerns, you may contact us via e-mail or in writing at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
New Seaside Drive, Entertainment City,
Paranaque City, 1701
* The complete corporate name of Okada Manila is Tiger Resort, Leisure and Entertainment, Inc. doing business under the name and style of Okada Manila.
Effective: December 15, 2022